Saturday, February 17, 2018

Adopted daughters on Ship Dawn(2)/Carlos Pueblo

Adopted daughters on Ship Dawn(2)/Carlos Pueblo
My writing has been interrupted for more than a week due to a sore throat and
Now is under control. Let me go back to complete my introduction of three
restaurant daughters in English edition and I need to switch to Japan trip immediately.
These three restaurant managers are Clarita of the Garden Café and her successor,
Imelda, and Rhea of the Hostess of O’Sheenhan’s on Deck 8 mid-ship used to be a
Room Food Service manager and release Clarita’s duty at 9:00pm on my 2nd cruise with
the ship. All of them are very charming and adorable, a select in ten thousand. The
first two are two and a half strips officers while Rhea losses her stripe due to re-position.
It is very splendid to observe young ladies in the naval uniforms.

I didn’t notice her on my Dawn trip from Boston to Bermuda, she should be on the ship
yet might be another restaurant assignment. Clarita got off the ship for vacation on the
same day with me in Tampa, Florida from San Juan, Porto Rico. She was very kind to accept
my request to adopt her as my daughter, of course, she worked with many of my daughters
on Jade. The Filipinos are very friendly, humble, good looking, and hard working. She explains
to me that is the requirement of the industry, a fundamental requirement, without it that
no one can be survival on the ship and that is why I have been so much impressed at the
old age of my life. She was involved on my application of permission to take two of my
staff daughters, Raquel and Kathleen, for a steak dinner at the Cagney’s. The boss of the
hotel department asked her coordinate the procedure and I got the OK news from her. I am
very impressed of her knowledge of the ship restaurant’s business. We left ship on the same day
and of course that I said farewell several times before the disembark. She wrote me back when she learned my return to the ship in a week and was concerned if I could receive the same
treatment at the Garden, and her vacation life at home.  I miss her very much.

Lucky me indeed, the Dawn gets Imelda from the sister Ship Sky from Miami, Florida to fill Clarita’s vacancy. When I was on the Café, I was notice such a beautiful officer on board and
one of my daughter, Noemie, passed on the message to me to adopt her immediately and so I did. We have had such a wonderful father and daughter friendship ever since. She maximizes
her service up to a level of receiving favors as with surprises, a famous Chinese proverb. One night, I noticed the seafood specials on the Garden were delicious and decided to bring my
free bottle of champagne to have my snack. She found me on the empty section of the front
and asked her assistant to bring an ice bucket and opened the bottle for me and kept the bottle
chilled. Not only that, she even offered to bring me fruits and coffee which were exceeding my
levels of kindness. Her father passed away of stroke four years ago, like my father 42 years ago.
Both of them drank. I believe that I inherit my Dad’s DNA with good capacity of drinking yet I
don’t need to drink in order to look drunk.

Rhea is a lovely girl. I always come to visit her at night after 5:00 pm shift until I am ready to quit
the day. I was blaming her for not letting me to see her on last trip at the end until the farewell
party at the Stardust Theatre. On the next morning, I regretted it and wanted to apologize to
her and passed the message through Clarita. Fortunately, I did receive a message from her at
home for expecting to see me again very soon. The new position puts her very closed o her
boyfriend, a bartender at the back of the restaurant. I met this future son-in-law, a very handsome young man with good manners. I am very happy for her. She puts me to a high chair
where no one sit to watch my Jamaican singer daughter, Kayrie, to sing. Kayrie is getting better

and better to reach a forgettable but singing stage. Rhea can follow her on the side word by word and she says that Clarita is the best.  

No comments: