Thursday, December 31, 2020

The gift/Carlos Pueblo

 The gift/Carlos Pueblo

The gift in my mind is to give to my children whom I love so much. When they were born, I started to give them the Uniform Gift to Minor Act and then converted to them when they were at the matured age. Now, I want to give them more systematically before the end of my life. The can do whatever they think is good for their life.

I am going to resume a small contribution to Arthur for his annual individual retirement account for 2021. I am so encouraged that his investment saving return has passed his earned income this year. Of course, his earned income is still at the minimum wage level which we can't wait till the law has been changed in Texas. We save and invest to help ourselves. Recently, I hear an horrible story of a widow in Taiwan to pay 2 million U.S. dollars tax to change a piece of property in Taipei, Taiwan to her name at her husband's death. I forget the exemption amount of the inheritance tax; however, there is also a state tax involved.

On the other hand, Michelle's situation is very much different from Arthur. She has a high paying job and very successful real estate investment. She has more money than I do. What I can give her is not the money as a gift. I can offer her some sitting of her house when she is away. I can show my care of her happy life. Of course, I must take care of myself in a healthy condition to avoid her worry of me.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Aloha
I was just browsing some old paperwork and found your name. We were on a cruise together, I was teaching bridge. Have you managed to keep up? I have been directing two online games this year, all my cruised were cancelled :(
Patrick kallaus