Friday, December 25, 2020

Year end saving report/Carlos Pueblo

 Year end saving report/Carlos Pueblo

This is a good year for the saving report of our household members. Arthur's saving has exceeded his earned income while I get back the money which I withdraw from my retirement funds. I believe that Amy is doing very well with her saving. Of course, we all are suffering from the devaluation of two individual stocks, Exxon and Honda Motors. We can't win them all.

The personal saving has helped individual who has no earned income or low income to be survival. Foe me as an example, I don't have any earned income for almost 20 years and I am doing better and better every year. It is because of my frugal living and saving via the investment. Arthur is identical with low income yet still working and saving. Amy has never been working yet still manage her asset well. We keeps Arthur home to save for his expanse to stay alone. We get it all figure out and build his confidence in finance. I don't really care any of the common sense of living independence. The financial independence is must independent of our life.

A nation can do whatever necessary to save the national economic; however, an individual or a family can only save themselves through the financial discipline. It is easy to say than practice. There are many kinds of debts existed in the society, i.e. the national debt, the credit card debt, and the college loan debt, etc. It is because that people can't pay the money which they promise to pay back. In a result, people may become homeless. I have seen the tragedy of the homeless people. I don't think that the government can help very much. It is a shame that people can't make it in such a rich nation. I am a Democrat and I agree that we should find a way to help the weak and unfitted, yet I don't like to help those people who don't save when they can.

When my first child Michelle graduated from high school, I lost my job with a life insurance company. I managed to send her and her brother Arthur to college and finished two degrees for her and one for Arthur without any debt. Both have been working since then. He is in a minimum wage category as a clerk in a super market. We ask him to stay home. It is not for Biden to decide to forgive college loans, it is up to the national priority. If you can't pay back your loans, learn it from Trump to file the bankruptcy. Maybe one day you can be the U.S. President.

No comments: