Wednesday, December 9, 2020

A friend's moving away/Carlos Pueblo

 A friend's moving away/Carlos Pueblo

My neighbor and friend Mike Oliver is moving away to Austin, Texas. He builds a new mansion on a two acres and a half land with a wood work room for his hobby. I am glad that he has fulfilled his dream yet suddenly a feeling of something loss in my senior life. Buddha describes the suffering of our life when at the departure of the beloved relatives and friends as one of the eighth hardship of a man's life. In this case I would say that is an uneasy or a melancholy.

Diana, Eli's owner, explains the meaning of melancholy to me that means you're sorry for the separation yet you wish your friend doing well. I am indeed wondering yet I am not sad at all. He usually is walking his dogs in the morning in the subdivision streets. He encourages his dogs to be friends with me. After his finishing school at the Tuscaloosa University of Alabama, he has moved to Houston for his career. One of the reason of our kinship is that I did attend Auburn for my graduate study in the 70's. 

He has a hoarse voice like my son Arthur. I believe that is a damage of his voice box like Arthur, yet I don't ask the reason. Sometimes I must ask him to spell the words for me. He is very nice in personality and very easy to get along with. He lives by the swimming pool and the tennis courts. I remembered that he used to have a papaya tree with orange color fruits in the front yard. His fig tree has generated good quality of fruits annually. He certainly can keep on growing tomatoes on his acreage.

Because of his moving, he gives me seven of his old tennis rackets. I am gladly distributing three of them to little Joseph and his father one each and Andrea one for building their interest to the sport. 

Neighbors and pets are moving away from our subdivision to pursuit their new life, of course, there are new neighbors moving in. I can only keep on enjoying my daily life with new and existing friends. The feeling of melancholy is common and not that uneasy at all.

No comments: