Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Repositioned transatlantic cruise back home 2016/Carlos Pueblo

Repositioned transatlantic cruise back home 2016/Carlos Pueblo

Finally, I arrived to Barcelona, Spain for my transatlantic cruise back home,
of course via Ft. Canaveral, Florida. Back to March, I bought a pair of round
trip tickets from Frankfurt, Germany in June and returned in September to
utilize the credit card mileage in order to complete two European trips. Based
on my experience, I figure out that is the most economic method to use my
fund effectively, for example, I have had more than two months stay in Europe
in total and I can claim that I have known a little bit of Germany, Spain, France,
Ireland, and England, etc. I took the subway out of the airport and exit at Columbus
Square at the port, then, took an exclusive bus to the cruise terminal. I attempted
to visit another ship, the Jade, disembark along with the ship which I belonged to,
the Epic, in order to see if I could run into some whom I was with on the previous
trip. Jade was ready to embark for Tampa, Florida.

Epic is a larger ship for the cruise liner in compare with Jade which was full this time
when I booked the ticket. I have had a very good memory with the staff on the board
and always like to have another opportunity to visit with them. I did have one trip with
Epic in the spring of 2015 for the Mediterranean, Italy, France, and Palma, Majorca, Spain.
This time, the ship would be stopped at  Santa Cruz, Tenerife, Spain and San Juan, Puerto Rico
and after two weeks at sea reached the final destination, Port Canaveral, Florida. I would take
a bus south to Fort Lauderdale, Florida for another three days before returning to Houston.

I found two acquaintance on board, an Asian Indian manager and Mercy C at the CuiseNext
Department, both of them were transferred from the Jade. I lost the name card of the manager
who served at deck 12 Garden Café with Christina S whom I adored very much. Mercy is also a
very sweet and lovely; however, she had been very busy at her job to help the passengers to
make deposit for future cruise deal. I always came to her counter or desk in the office to say
hallo during the day and night. It seemed to me those visits were very pleasant time on the ship.

I also met several couples on board from different nations, Japan, Swiss, China, Hong Kong, and
my fellow Taiwanese from Florida, etc. I hope that I would describe them on my later journal.


No comments: