Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Night stay at a London hostel/Carlos Pueblo

Night stay at a London hostel/Carlos Pueblo

I could easily to take a bus to connect Frankfurt, Germany to Lyon, France by
Across River Rhine; however, I selected flying to London, England, stayed a
night at a London hostel, then flied to Lyon on the next morning. It was due
to a mileage arrangement benefit disregard of time and sense. Using my
British Airway mileage, I must transfer in Heathrow airport and change flight
to Lyon.

I found a hostel four stops away from Heathrow on a mixed area of London
where reminded me in Houston Height area at night. I found the small inn
at a street corner of a dark alley. The night duty manager allowed me paying
credit card for a night stay as booked beforehand; however, I could only provide
$10 U.S. cash for the door key deposit. A night was late and the hostel was not
equipped with hot water shower at a freezing weather outside. I really got what
I paid in the most expansive city in the world. No problem that I have some
Infantry training almost half a century before in Taiwan.

Down stair outside was a bar of some kind gathering many guests talking loudly
with some African languages way passing midnight, then, with two left spoken
English with Asian Indian accent. I was not bothered because that I had to check
out early in order to catch up an early flight. I left the inn at 4 a.m. and found a
bus to the airport, yet I missed twice to get off the proper stop to my terminal.

Heathrow is one of the busiest airport in the world. There were passengers
holding overnight for the next morning flight. I could easily see passengers
occupying available seat to make up some sleep. Two airport workers were
in conversation next to me while they were waiting to punch card for a new
day’s work. Suddenly I had had an idea that on the next stop over at Heathrow,
I would stay overnight at the airport.




No comments: