Saturday, August 26, 2017

Some activity on days at sea/Carlos Pueblo

Some activity on days at sea/Carlos Pueblo
On the second day at sea, the CruiseNext director would invite repeated
customers to a party for some drinks on the house. He would ask many
bartenders from all bars on the ship to wait for about 30 minutes with
a live band attending and many senior officers also at hand to entertain
their guests. I usually get my dose of alcohol such as beer and red wine
once for all for the trip. Usually a drink costs US$8 on board.

Another activity for the platinum class passenger is a tour behind the scene
that is an one hour guided tour through some department such as the kitchen,
laundry room, theater, bakery, food pantry, etc. Cruise ship is a huge vessel
carrying 4-5 thousand people likes a good size US village or township moving
around port to port, island to island, and nation to nation. Most of the cruise
vessels are built in Germany; however, this one is a French built ship.

Two main shows every night between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm were presented
in the theater on deck 6 & 7 forward. Programs have been designed by the
cruise headquarter in Miami, Florida and trained in Tampa, Florida included
Broadway musical, magic, acrobatics, comedy, etc. I usually go to the 7:00 pm
Show and after that, I would check around some bars for additional musical
performance i.e. pianist, guitarist, and singer with duo band company. I spent
a lot of time staying inside my room by watching US Presidential election.

Of course, I couldn’t depend on all the musical programs to fill my evening
time; therefore, I would rest early at night and the US Election came in handy.
I ran into a couple of fellow Taiwanese travelers from Florida. They invited me
for some of their dinners. I also got to know another Canadian couple from Hong
Kong which became meal partners on Deck 12 Café. I also got to know some
Interesting travelers from Europe that we exchanged some traveling idea.



No comments: