Thursday, August 17, 2017

Two weeks at sea/Carlos Pueblo

Two weeks at sea/Carlos Pueblo

Since 2011, I have learned to enjoy traveling on cruise especially for two
weeks at sea.  Our ship would embark in Barcelona, follow closely south-
bound on Spanish Costa Blanca and pass through Gibraltar exit the
Mediterranean to the Atlantic. It was very closed to me because I was
traveling through Valencia, Alicante, and Malaga by rail and the Mediterranean
coastal ports in Italy, France, and Palma, Spanish Islands with the same ship in
the early summer of 2015. The ship would then disembark at Santa Cruz,
Tenerife offshore of North Africa and a week later to San Juan, Puerto Rico,
Continue to Port Canaveral, Florida.

I usually wake up before daybreak in my regular life. I would go up to Deck 13
Via Deck 12 Café to try my luck to see the sunrise., of course, it was depended
to the weather. The cruise staff had started their second choir of the day painting
the guard rails and stairs after washing the entire deck 13. There are swimming pools,
hot tops, basketball court, tennis court, and path for jaging and walking. The
breakfast would be opened later; however, I could get a cup of coffee and some
sweet at a special supply station on the rear. Sitting on the open air restaurant
and watching the sunrise is my first love on the cruise.

Cruises are famous for their abundant foods service. Starting with daily breakfast,
I usually would have my morning meal at the Garden Café, a cafeteria on Deck 12,
as a matter of fact for most of my meals on the cruise due to the variety of choice.
I would have a full plate of cut fruits, several pieces of bacon, grilled tomato, dry
plum, and a bowl of oat meal plus cups of coffee. Most of the time, I would find
some fellow passengers to join with.

After breakfast, I would go to walk on deck 7 for 10 laps at least to fulfill my daily
exercises. The cruise programs also provided dancing exercises and line dancing which
were even harder than walking. Thereafter, I would wonder around the ship on deck 7,
the office and shop area. Most of the bars started before lunch and music performing
at the bars in the late afternoon. I had attended several seminars for alternative medicine
and arts auction. This trip, I had been elevated to a platinum member; therefore, I had
the opportunity to go down to the ship on a behind the scene tour of the kitchen, bakery,
pantry, theater, and laundry, etc. The ship was made in Germany as most of the industry
ships were.





No comments: