Monday, August 14, 2017

Night stay at Heathrow Airport/Carlos Pueblo

Night stay at Heathrow Airport/Carlos Pueblo

After leaving Lyon, France to Barcelona, Spain for my cruise across the Atlantic,
I had had a night stay at Heathrow Airport to transfer a flight. It was quite common
for some frugal travelers to avoid such hassle in and out of such a huge city as London.
LHR is spacious and well manage airport with no microphone announcement and after
late flights taking off, most of the stores closed, and left over passengers locate seats
to rest.

I selected a Japanese restaurant instead of regular lunch box for dinner. The restaurant has
an automatic delivering service for all dishes placed on a rail system. Dish price based on
four kinds of color. When you finish your meal for a check to pay, the waitress will count
the dishes accumulated. I saw such set up at Kyoto Japan Rail Station. I found a seat in
front of a scheduled screen intended for the rest of the night until a security staff came
to gather all left over passengers to an exclusive waiting area.

This new area was cleared for the particular purpose only for the airport to manage these
passengers. Now I fully understand how the English are proud of their rule of law. Outside of the
big room, there was an evening security staff stationing on desk for passengers to be in and out.
Of course, I forget to mention that before the gathering and in and out of the room, a passport
and airplane ticket are required. All other waiting area was cleared for the rest of the night.

Among of the left over passengers, I found out that most of them were from Asia and Africa.
I didn’t feel embarrassed for any reason at all because some long distance travel or foreign

trip did have timely connection. I felt very much released after I boarded the aircraft.  

No comments: