Saturday, August 19, 2017

Art auction on the cruise/Carlos Pueblo

Art auction on the cruise/Carlos Pueblo
There is an art gallery on almost every cruise for selling art work and I
enjoy very much to attend its auction and seminar each time when I am
on board to enrich my knowledge of art which I haven’t properly acquired
during my schooling years. For instance, the impressionist or impressionism
for its definition in order to distinguish itself from the other kinds of art work
such as realism or abstract, etc. The simplest answer is that the impressionism
contains the opinion of the artists to express on their work which is between
picture like realism and imagination of abstract, like Pablo Picasso’s work. It
works for me every time when I walk into a gallery all over the world. Art auction
on the cruise gives me such knowledge.

I like very impression art work, for example, Thomas Kinkade. an impressionist
from North California. The gallery has an exclusive right with his heirs to sell his
work on board. I asked my son, Arthur, about him and he relayed a documentary
of the public television about his notable for the mass marketing of his art work.
His north California scenery paints contain plenty of light, the sunshine, bright
room light, and street light at night, etc. He developed some kinds of technique
for seven colors to apply on the reproduction, I guessed to make a mother board
and print it. All we can purchase is the reproduction with his genuine signature
and the inventory number appeared on the duplicate work. I do think of the special
presented by the gallery lately, 5 for U.S. $2,000 plus the frame and shipping, and
I am kind of hesitated.

For the impressionist, I must mention Norman Rockwell, who has been the American
treasure for generation. I admire his paint and wish to see his work one of these days
in  my life. The gallery auctioneers always mention the kindly relationship between
Rockwell and Kinkade during their life which is become a legend of the American
currently day history. I believed that they said Rockwell let young Kinkade to paint
in his gallery.

I also like to mention my experience at Yale’s fine art museum. One year not long ago,
I walked into the museum to catch two home coming art tours with two of their Ph.D.
candidates and instructors for its collection at New Haven campus. I was so comfortable
with their presentation of several century, their religious background, because of my
knowledge of several art auction on cruises.





No comments: