Sunday, January 1, 2017

Visiting Berlin, Germany/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Berlin, Germany/Carlos Pueblo

I left Brussels, Belgium early in the morning for Berlin, Germany via
Cologne, Germany to change train, passing by Hanover to Berlin
Gesundbrunnen station, through the great plain of Germany. Some
times, I feel that I should stop at any of the station to visit the pretty
city. I stayed at a small hostel near the rail station and I had had cash
issue since Brussels due to lost some cash and an invalid debt card;
however, I still managed to have two good day’s visit of this great city.
On the second day, I started at a small piece of Berlin Wall, and a
charming German home garden near the Wall on the old East Berlin
side, and walked to a TV Tower at Alexanderplatz. The following day, I
went to Berlin Mitte, including Brandenburg Gate, Tiergarten to taste
the glory of the old Prussia and the Germany Empire.

A young lady helped me to decide where to visit Berlin on my first day
at a street corner by point to a nearby direction where the old Soviet
and French occupation border while I was at a street divided the West
from the East. I ran into a group of bikers with a professional guide to
explain the Wall. He was very well prepared to introduce the Wall issue.
Current German courts are still manage to settle the loss of private property
during those authoritarian regime of Nazi and East Germany. I thought of
Taiwan under the Chinese Nationalist rule. Then, I found this pretty home
Garden under the Wall on the East side similar to the river bankside of
Frankfurt Offenbeck yet a real home subdivision not just a flood control
zone building. I saw varies garden design with apples on the trees, roses
, dahlias, chrysanthemums, and some others. I took an American-Filipiano
lady Carmen of Maryland to visit the Wall and the home garden again on
my way back from Alexanderplatz.

Carmen gave me two subway tickets and I used one without validation when
I visited Mitte on the next day. A young Chinese lady chatted with me on a
platform and helped me to make sure the right train. She found out my error
and I appreciated it and gave her the second ticket. Exiting from the subway
station, the famous Brandenburg Gate is in front of you. It was a beautiful day
with many visitors. I saw the U.S. Embassy and wandered if I should go in to
get a $300 loan to solve my cash issue and I didn’t because I wanted to discipline
myself for my Buddhist monk discipline. I walked to many places on Unter den
Linden boulevard, such as Potsdamer Platz and the Victory Column on the

Tiergarten that I liked to have some thought of them.

No comments: