Monday, January 30, 2017

Hiking at Diamond Head State Park/Carlos Pueblo

Hiking at Diamond Head State Park/Carlos Pueblo

One morning after visiting friends at the Waikiki tennis park, we walked
through a small public vegetable garden and toward Diamond Head. It
is a different route from my previous visit from the south passing by
beach front houses. Diamond Head is on the south east end of Waikiki
with an elevation about 700 ft good for hiking to the top via the old
trail of battery supply route. Many visitors come here for quick exercises
by buses, hop on and off shuttle, and on foot.

I was wondering how the battery units to carry the supply and the big guns
up to the summit. Later I read the internet dictionary to know that were
mules back to those days. The guns were never firing a shot before the end
of military use. From the top, you can have an excellent view of the ocean
and the activities nearby.

Amy was teasing me for staring at female visitors without any reservation.
I explained that I actually didn’t and there was no way for her to notice
because that I wear a pair of dark shades, furthermore, I was watching my
steps up and down hill all the time. It was very comfortable in Hawaii all the
time, ladies are liberated for what they are dressing and you won’t ignore
the vibration up and town, again I was very careful to avoid falling.

Talking about shades, I wear baseball cap to cover my bald head and dress
casual with our daughter’s polo shirts gift; therefore, some bus drivers insisted
to check on my Medicare card in order to grant senior discount. I do carry my
Medicare Advantage card all the time; however, the drivers are not trained to
recognize the HMO type of alternative for some seniors. I attempted to explain
and they show their courtesy to me that once and worn me to prepare for the
next encounter. Amy congratulate me that I looked younger than 65 because
of all the cover up, shades, cap, and polo shirt and jacket not like my previous
visits looks like a homeless. Mentioning about the homeless, I have run out of
space to express my openion.



No comments: