Monday, January 2, 2017

Going back to Hawaii 2017/Carlos Pueblo

Going back to Hawaii 2017/Carlos Pueblo

I was awake last Friday early morning hour and checked the fare
of Hawaii cruise and found the price which I could tolerate. I waited
another couple hours till daybreak to get the OK from Amy and
started booking cruise and air plane tickets. I have to ask the travel
agency to hold the reservation and switched to Mileage Plus to get
a purchasing points pair of tickets. The cruise line yield some and so
was the airline because I find more available seats after year end. We
will fly directly to Honolulu a day before the cruise embark and three
more days at Oahu before returning to Houston. Thanks to our daughter
to arrange the hotels stay. The cruise will circle four islands in a week,
Maui, Hawaii, and Kawai two nights each. In comparing with the cost of
local airfare between islands, room and board, cruise trip is more reasonable.

Hawaii is an American paradise, good weather and scenery. It reminds me
my home country of Taiwan before 1958, after that Taiwan has become very
crowded. Hawaii has similar plants with Taiwan, mango, queva, and papaya,  
etc. I like to visit the old sugar plantation at Maui and Kawai which reminds
me my memory of my childhood hometowns in central and central south
parts of Taiwan. My father had worked with sugar company until he retired.
I like those cute chicken roaming around the ground. I wish I could enjoy its
meat one of thee day.

We like hiking for exercises and Hawaii Islands are one of the best in U.S. We
will go to the Diamond Head for the first day and consult with Connie at the
ship for additional location. I met her in Barcelona, Spain in 2015. She works
for the exact ship which we are taking. She is a Hawaii resident. There is a
grocery store nearby the sunset beach of the Oahu north west coast providing
an icy with sweet red beans called azuki, a red bean cooked with honey which

is my favorite dessert. I usually make a special trip either by a rental car or bus.

No comments: