Monday, January 30, 2017

Maru Kami Udon ya and Matsumoto Icy place/Carlos Pueblo

Maru Kami Udon ya and Matsumoto Icy place/Carlos Pueblo

In Hawaii, all goods are expansive in compare with prices in Houston;
however, there are two Japanese eatery worth for us to consume, one
is Maru Kami Udon ya on Kuhio Street and another one is Matsumoto
old grocery’s icy place. Both ventures are always with a long line to wait
for service, in excellent business.

Maru Kami means ball shape turtle, udon is a kind of Japanese noodle.
It is a chain store originated from some place near Shikouku Island where
Amazingly I have attempted to find its head quarter in Takamatsu in vain.
A restaurant manager at Shinjuku, Tokyo tells me that Kuhio one is the
number one in the whole franchise in the world. It is because of cheap
Menu in compare with the rest of Honolulu. I always ask for kamage odon,
a kind of plain noodle closed to a vegetarian definition. Out hotels are
very close to the restaurant. The food is not attractive yet very inexpensive.

Matsumoto grocery store is no longer carrying grocery for customers but
gifts and icy Menu. I love the deluxe atsuki, a red bean icy with passion
fruit flavor syrup. The secret recipe to cook the red bean is with honey
traditional Japanese way. We eat a lot of icy, machine slide ice with several
kinds of fruits dessert and syrup in Taiwan where Japan had ruled for 50
years. I asked an American family from Oregon how did they find the place.
It was from internet called icy bonanza, even attracted many Japanese tourists.

I found a small sushi stand inside an indoor market in Chinatown. I counted
how many pieces of nigari sushi in the lunch box and the price. We went back
again for some more the following day and was closed due to Sunday. I believe
that tourists are showing concern of inflated price in Honolulu nowadays. The
State of Hawaii Tourists Bureau sent me a survey at the cruise ship and request
my opinion to help them to improve their business. I didn’t see anywhere to
strike this expensive point. I took the 4 islands cruise because local flight costed

$150 per person arithmetic started from here, then room and board.

No comments: