Monday, July 11, 2022

When Raimondo talks I listen/Carlos Pueblo

 When Raimondo talks I listen/Carlos Pueblo

Sunday, yesterday, both NBC & ABC talk show hosts interviewed Gina Raimondo, the U.S. Commerce Secretary for less 10 minutes and were appeared on the You Tube. When Raimondo talks I listen. She said that we shouldn't be talking ourselves into recession.

She pointed it out three economic front, the annual U.S. growth of 6%, lowest unemployed rate of 40 years which I read the report 3.6% a few minutes ago, and Biden needs all help from the Republican Senators, and the the Court, etc. Why I am so appreciated of her interview? I am an investor and manage my own savings. I need guidance especially at this critical time, the inflation and recession  occur simultaneously. I was in cash after selling all my oil stock and held some cash without any bearing interest. I knew that was not wise and went in to re-purchase 80% of those cash. The oil price drops rapidly thereafter and I have been trapped again like before. I go back to think again what is the inflation and the recession, the relation of both.

The U.S. economic engine has always powered through the recession such as the economic down fall of 2008 and the Covic-19 of 2020. As a matter of the fact that the inflation helps me out of my depressed oil stock investment. Now, I am wondering again with the oil price drops, of course, this may help to relax the inflation because most of products are made by oil not only energy portion, i.e. the petroleum by products.

Gina Raimondo was the governor of Rhode Island when Covic-19 hit in 2020. She said her State had 14% workers received unemployment benefit that meant out of job. She knew the pain as a Governor everyday at that time. She insists that Biden knows it very well and is working on it. She lists several example such as pass the chip bill to make chips in the U.S. now instead 6 months later. Help the women to join the work force by helping the child care policy. Both hosts asked her about the recent high Court reverse the abortion law. She said that didn't help at all. She also answered the immigration law to help increase low end workers shortage in the U.S.

I Google her resume and also her husband's, Andrew Moffitt. Both of them received solid college education and are lawyers in training. She was a venture capitalist before the politic while he started as a teacher in Houston low income area for the Teach America program and now a partner of the distinguished McKinsey specialized in leadership training and also an adjunct professor on that field at colleges.

 

No comments: