Friday, July 29, 2022

Waiting for the embarkation in NYC/Carlos Pueblo

 Waiting for the embarkation in NYC/Carlos Pueblo

Back in April when I started back for my cruise journal, I waited for the embarkation in New York City as well  as the disembarkation. It is all because that I love NYC and in consideration of the airfare. Lucky me, Mr. Yong my brother-in-law came in to help as my host and guide. He used to work with the Metro till his retirement. 

We went to my favorite marinated duck restaurant near the Moss Street at Manhattan Chinatown. This time I skipped to carry out the duck due to long walk of the day, yet we had a good nice meal at the small restaurant. I even waited at a drug store to get my 4th booster shot afterward. NYC is a famous metropolitan city and very interesting.

He lives at Astoria near the Laguardia at Queens. He took me to a nice park by the East River with a cargo rail above it. The East River, east Hudson, is nice and quiet and I don't mind to march here in the morning every day for my exercises. It was a nice and chilly spring day not many people. We went to the Flushing Chinatown as well. I mentioned that I bought 6 quevas and broke my tooth on the first bite.

He took me to visit the Roosevelt Island on a cable over the East River. I didn't see the United Nations building and he did mention a story of the old UN residents near by. Now it is very expansive area. He also took me to visit a supermarket where shoppers carry their purchase to take home by train. It is very different from what we do in Houston by your vehicle on the back of the trunk.

I had a very nice Korean meal with an old friend, Patrick at Flushing Chinatown. He is familiar with the Korean cuisine and the restaurant is very nice. I think that I shall be doing fine if I have an opportunity to live in NYC.

No comments: