Saturday, July 30, 2022

20 days between cruises/Carlos Pueblo

 20 days between cruises/Carlos Pueblo

There were 4 cruises for me this spring that forced me to recognize my aging, especially on the first two weeks intermediate. I was on my way back to Houston, the plane was canceled after I checked in my luggage. Luggage were sent to Dallas according to the original flight; therefore, I couldn't get them when I arrived Houston Hobby Airport. Amy came to the airport to pick me up for an immediate trip to Austin for her house sitting while they were on a pre-planned vacation to Mexico. The airliner allowed me to pick up misplaced luggage after a week when I came back to Hobby for my returning trip to La Guadia in New York City for my second cruise with the same ship. Amy had a hard time to reach the airport and there was a story behind it.

We came back home on Sunday night and I found a note on the table from my son Arthur. he had a flat tire yet didn't bothered me. He drove my old car to work. I went to check his flat tire in the trunk which was like an explosion. He did explain the ordeal which he had experienced, his phone was out of battery and struggle to make it to a car garage and walked home. I decided to take him to replace the damaged tire on Monday. Tuesday I needed to leave again as I described for my second trip to Europe on cruise.

Monday morning, we went to a new tires store to replace all 4 tires and came back to our subdivision area for banking and replacing his i-phone battery. I got my $300 cash alright in a bank envelope and placed in my short pant's pocket. Phone company's store opens at 10 am. We went to a store to buy a Teflon pans for Amy. The phone shop clerk referred us to a store called You broke it I fix it to see if they could help us. The technician indicated that the battery was still 90% good and no need to replace the battery. We went to the tire store to pick up his car and that was quick as promised. When I arrived home, I needed to prepare a dental appointment to clean my natural teeth left inside my mouth. I couldn't find my cash envelope. It was gone and my blood was boiling up.

The dental hygienist couldn't perform the powerful cleaning. I was worry about the $300 lost money for my trip. I followed the same track to the You broke it I fix it store for my first try of many stores which I had been on that morning including the phone shop, huge Teflon pans store, and the tire store. I knew my chance to recover the cash was very little. Lucky me, an honest technician returned my lost cash back to me. He only asked me what was the content.

Tuesday was another busy day and the day for me to leave Houston again. I first sent Amy to a Sugar Land Hospital for her small procedure on her left breast diagnosis. Then, I drove back to Houston to take my Covid-19 test for my cruise and back to take her home. The problem was that she kept on bleeding and I didn't know what to do. Finally, I managed to take two buses to get to Hobby to stay overnight for an early flight.


No comments: