Sunday, July 10, 2022

Changing mobile phones carrier/Carlos Pueblo

 Changing mobile phones carrier/Carlos Pueblo

My daughter Michelle has a better deal for us to change our mobile phones carrier. We add our three lines to her account with a different mobile phone carrier and we can save $20 a month. I don't like what I have been paying $90 for three lines for a month. Basically, mobile phones are necessary in the daily life even if I have very few calls to make or receive every day. It is the same to my son Arthur. Only Amy still using her phone regularly.

New carrier's phone package was received with a new i-phone and two SIM cards. The new phone is required for the promotion while two new SIM card are for Amy's and Arthurs current use phones. SIM cards are like a door keys for i-phones. It is my duty to take the package to a local store for the new carrier. First, I must admit that I am an illiterate of i-phone and I can only use certain limited function of the i-phone not changing SIM or activate a new phone. A staff on the store helped me to transfer our lines from the old carrier to his company on a small hand held notebook computer. First, he settled my new phone and said ready. Second he did some typing on his notebook and marked on two SIM cards with Amy's and Arthur's accordingly. It took one and half hours with an authorization number checked with Michelle in Austin.

Amy switched her new SIM card on her phone successfully while I was waiting for Arthur's wake up, I thought that I should try my new phone. The new phone guided me to connect to my home WiFi and I understood. I must connect my new i-phone to our wireless WiFi at home. However, I input an old WiFi password onto the new phone several times and not working. Arthur changed his new SIM card to his phone and was not working either. He told me that there was no SIM card in my new phone; therefore, I went back to the store for help again.

Another clerk tried to help me again. She was not sure if there was a SIM card on my new phone. She asked me if I had the box. It was not a friendly conversation and I was wondering the reasons of such service. My tennis body advised me that those clerks were commission base employees like my insurance agent business. She checked on my phone number and there was a note that she couldn't sell me a new SIM card and I got furious. An 1-800 number clerk came in to help and advised the local clerk what to do with me. Finally, I asked her to remove Arthur's new SIM card to my new phone. I promised Arthur to deliver to his store.

I called that 1-800 number for help again at home. The new 1-800 clerk also spoke to Michelle in Austin to understand better. It was about two hours conversation because I needed to provide many numbers such as IMEI for her to determine a new SIM on my old i-phone because we were not sure why Arthur's new SIM card was not working on his Samsung. Michelle called back and confirmed that the SIM card was a built in on my new phone and a phone could take additional SIM card like we went out to a foreign country. I lost my sleep and after Arthur came home after the midnight. He was busy to look for a charger for his new Samsung phone. He removed his new SIM card from my new phone to a new Samsung phone. It was working and so was my new phone. I believed the second 1-800 clerk unlocked my new phone. I could call Arthur on his new phone.  

No comments: