Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Discussing the poverty 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Discussing the poverty 2022/Carlos Pueblo

It is very unthinkable to discuss the poverty in a rich nation such as the United States, yet it is true that some people are in the level of the poverty in this nation. Especially during the uncertain time of the inflation and at the brink of a recession, the media always love to exaggerate things just to scare people. There are many reason why people are in poverty which I can't describe about completely; therefore, I am discussing again for my 2022 edition.

Recently, I came back from a back to back cruise trip in Alaska. Amy and I had an argument on our way back to the ship from a small park up stream of the Ketchikan Creek, a fish hatchery. I insisted to go through a tall frame building where I once passed by with a German couple. The gentleman mentioned to me that even the richest nation had a deteriorate building like that. It was our earlier visit of the 2010's. I understood and took many photos for my collection. Ketchikan was established during the gold rush of Alaska. It is still not quite prosperous after the gold rush. I have been to this Alaskan small fish town for about 8 times. On my 4th time, I saw no deteriorate frame building and that building's fade white exterior faded. The owner has re-innovate that building for a good use of it. I still like to visit that site to remember my found memory of the past when I was a little bit younger. It is not far away from the senior high school baseball field. 

I don't believe that Ketchikan township will allow such ugly deteriorate frame building to show tourists like that I won't allow my children to become homeless. I started early when they were born. I made sure that I could provide more than basic needs for them to grow. I made sure that they had plenty of funds to finish college. I am still helping them no matter what they need it or not. It was because that my parents did it to me. Americans call it the family value.

I love to travel to Hawaii. I always play tennis at the Waikiki public courts early in the morning. Before the day break, group of homeless people walk toward the edge of the beach to get their warm breakfast. There are also dinners provided that call the soup kitchen. Hawaii is a rich state yet there are still homeless people. I am also very impressed that I do see a large pantry in a northeastern city on my cruise route. It provides ready food for the homeless and also kitchen needs for cooking. I was not allowed to take photos.

Finally, I like to mention something that I learn when I taught at Galveston Senior High school for two months. I saw the school kitchen provided two meals for needed students at school. Regretfully, some of those students left school after the lunch because that they needed to find a shelter at night. I don't think that we should yet we would help the poverty people if we are rich. People must grasp their opportunity to grow and fight wisely to struggle out of the poverty class.

No comments: