Thursday, July 7, 2022

My summer day in Houston 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 My summer day in Houston 2022/Carlos Pueblo

My summer day in Houston is quite simple yet very interesting. There is a regular hear way in South Texas that I must face it, there is a 24 hours of my life every day while I must arrange to pass, and there is also a three meal to deal with every day.

First, I must be proud of myself to live up this long with a manageable health, financial condition, and a precious frugal habit. I do have a chronicle diabetes yet it is manageable that I only take drugs to control my blood sugar. I work and save all my life to accumulate enough money to live to my end. Luckily that I live in the United States and I am under both coverages of the social security benefit and the Medicare. It is very easy to understand and the U.S. Government has such protection for me on its policy.

I get up early before the day break because that I sleep early at night. I have a 7:30 am tennis to meet. It is about 80 degree F or 30 degree C. I am one of players to promote this daily tennis. Most of the time we have enough players to make two double courts occupied and three double courts occupied during the weekend. If there is an odd number of players, I volunteer to walk on the grass field. We do have a big grass field by the swimming pool that reminds me of the three London  Royal Parks and English Rivers and Canals. I feel that I am so lucky.

The outside temperature is raising from 80 degree to 90 degree at 10 am and usually I quit tennis at or before 9 am. It is because that I am exhausted. I then go to my second class swimming. There is a standard size of the Olympic size pool in my own subdivision. The subdivision homeowner association is very proud of it maintenance. Usually I would take an hour of swim along the comfortable pol until the end of September. the swimming has reminded me Londoners swim on a lake at the Hyde Park all year long. I am afraid of the cold; therefore, I quit in October.

After I come home that I have done my hard task in a day. I have a very relaxing day ahead of me. I can easily take two one and half hours nap, I can watch programs on the You tube, and I can manage my cooking for my dinner. It is very simple that Amy would prepare the material and I just cook one dish. To fight the inflation, I purchase the weekly sale items of steaks.

No comments: