Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Re-visiting Tortola, British Virgin Islands 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Re-visiting Tortola, British Virgin Islands 2022/Carlos Pueblo

Tortola is turtle in English. I believe English have taken Virgin Islands from Spain and still keep the Spanish name for the capital town. There is another Virgin Islands that under the U.S. control called the U.S. Virgin Islands where I have been visited several times. This island is famous for the international re-insurance business that I still like to know more about it; however, I don't know how to start to ask because that I don't see any sign of financial activities around the port. 

I do see many luxury villas on the hill. Residents must drive down to the downtown Tortola for grocery shopping or evening activities. I can see some damaged buildings from various hurricane in the Caribbean Sea. Usually I walk to the left first from the pier on the main avenue shops on both sides. Then turn left to view some more. I couldn't find the tent church on a field this time that might not be on Sunday. It was for local residents.

Thanks to Yong for his patient and allowed suggestion just walked around. He was just out of a severe sickness and I had no habit to swim on the beach. I took some pictures of local flowers of the Bougainvillea and the Poinciana or the Phoenix. Phoenix flowers remind me my youth time in Taiwan. Flowers are red blossom in the summer when there is a summer vacation from schools or the graduation to participate various entrance examinations for schools such as the middle school, senior high school, and college, etc. The climate of Virgin Islands are similar to Taiwan or Hawaii. We can see many similar plants and flowers. I also took many photos for mango trees with fruits.

I got my watch battery replaced here. Yong didn't mind to have a break in front of an office building to read his mobile phone. There is a small nice rest room building near by. I used to take a nap at this park where I was tired and had no where important to go.

The Filipino technician was surprised of my basic Tagalog where I learned on ships. He is a young man and like to visit Taipei on the way back to Manila. I told him not this year because that you are required the quarantine time.

No comments: