Thursday, February 8, 2024

Three new benefit on my Medicare Advantage/Carlos Pueblo

 Three new benefit on my Medicare Advantage/Carlos Pueblo

This year there are three new benefit on my Medicare Advantage  coverage, first, $120 for copayment to visit physicians every quarter; second, $120 payment for approved over the counter items a quarter; third, a $225 limit a year for glasses purchase. On the first benefit, I did receive a credit card and activated it without any difficulty; however, on the second and the third benefit, I did run into very much difficulty to get them on board until the insurance sent me an additional email to remind me of such a benefit. I got two good help to get them on registration.

I went on the internet to purchase the OTC items without any difficulty. Now, I am waiting for the mail delivery. For the reading glasses, I did go to an approved eye care center to have my eyes checked. I have picked my favorite glasses; however, it was more than $225. I didn't like to pay extra. After negotiation, such as no other adjustment needed yet for the reading purpose, the price of a pair dropped to $261. I asked the technician to try my co-payment for the extra. We got the insurance company's approval.

I like my Medicare Advantage Coverage. I have both my diabetes and eye issues at my senior age. Medicare takes good care of them. I like to travel to Japan and would like to stay in Japan for a little longer; however, I can't quite solve the health insurance issue to live in Japan. Without proper health insurance, I don't feel comfortable living in other nations at my age.

No comments: