Sunday, February 4, 2024

Observing the Lunar New Year in Houston, Texas/Carlos Pueblo

 Observing the Lunar New Year in Houston, Texas/Carlos Pueblo

This year, the Lunar New Year is celebrated on February 10th, Sunday. Our family is back to observe such a celebration. I had been very fond of the Lunar New Year before I came to the United States. We celebrate such festivals in Taiwan vigorously up to the day. We follow the American custom to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas and gradually ignore the Lunar New Year. It's very different this year. I have invited three families to come for luncheons, on the 3rd with Michelle's family, on the 5th with my brother's family, and on the 6th with my tennis body Tony's family.

I have designed a seafood menu for all three lunches. I provide every one a lobster, share two king crabs every meal, plus a piece of T-Bone steak, some braised beef, and vegetables. The main purpose is to have a long missed gathering with my brother and a return favor for Dr. Tou.

I like this idea to celebrate the Lunar New Year because we eat at a remodel home and I get a better control of the cost. Lobsters, king crabs and Xo are very attractive.

No comments: