Saturday, February 17, 2024

Two fall chrysanthemum exhibitions at two castles in Japan 2023/Carlos Pueblo

 Two fall chrysanthemum exhibitions at two castles in Japan 2023/Carlos Pueblo

During my second three weeks stay in Japan last fall, I ran into two chrysanthemum exhibitions at two castles, Himeji and Okayama. Japan is a nation of art full of artisans of every kind to present the best of life. The cherry blossom in the spring and the chrysanthemum exhibitions in the fall are two examples.

As usual on my three weeks of Japan Rail Pass tour, I go to visit my favorite castle at Himeji and Okayama not far from my stay at Osaka. I ran into two chrysanthemum exhibitions outside of both castles free of charge to visit. It reminds me that Japan is a nation of chrysanthemums. People have the habit of growing various kinds of chrysanthemum and show them everywhere every year such as temples and castles, etc. I first ran into the Yasukuni Shrine in Tokyo, yet the exhibition was not as large as both Himeji and Okayama castles. The exhibitions have gathered some winners of the year from the local mayors up to cabinet ministers and the prime minister.









I am going to show you some of my pictures.

No comments: