Friday, March 17, 2023

Spring visit to Austin 2023/Carlos Pueblo

 Spring visit to Austin 2023/Carlos Pueblo

It's the spring break and we needed to visit Austin again for the house sitting to take care of pets as well. I had been very busy since I completed a 34 days cruises and filed 2022 federal income tax. After this 8 days house sitting, we're going to Japan for 3 weeks and after that, I shall have a two weeks Alaska cruises that is the early summer of 2023.

Texas blue bonnets are on Interstate 10 outside of Houston near Katy, Texas. Once we turned into Highway 71 north, the field is blooming all over. It's the most most enjoyable scenery of Texas. This has brought me back my fond memory ever since I moved to Houston in 1977. I worked for an insurance company in the 80's which regional office was in Austin and at the beginning of this century, Michelle was studying at the University of Texas for 5 years and then decided to live in the city; therefore, I have been in and out of Austin all the time. The city is growing rapidly.

We laid down our luggage, change cloths and ice box of foods. Dogs were barking anxiously for our walks. There three more new cats from a refugee; therefore, cats numbers are 7. Amy was busy cleaning from the start. They left several hours before to Europe.

My routine is to walk two dogs twice a day. I cut our walk in half of the previous distance due to my hurt left knee. I quit tennis for this reason. If dogs pull me fast, I feel the pain and must put against their will. I don't have good feeling of my aging and I feel lucky to avoid the knee surgery. I can go to swim after April when the pool is open this year.

I managed to trade some shares of the stock. I went in several days early before the bank crush. I now exercises my experience to avoid watching the market fluctuation because they are pension funds which I can't take it out freely without income tax concerns.

Amy reports the pets conditions to Michelle in Europe every day. Three new cats have some health issues, luckily Amy is good at handling such issues. We have an old age cat at home with severe condition as well. Michelle is appreciated and waived our car insurance premium, also extend her Discover card use to our Japan trip which means we can buy some gifts from Japan. 

No comments: