Thursday, March 2, 2023

The regular house maintenance/Carlos Pueblo

 The regular house maintenance/Carlos Pueblo

After paying the annual federal income, I must face the regular house maintenance. It is why I like to stay on the cruise trip forever because that I can pretend that I don't have these requirements. There is a growing tumor on our 20 years old cat's rear right leg which we must urgently attend to it before we leave to Austin and Japan. Amy can hold the bleeding daily and I must face the winter damaged yards, front and back.

The yard man did give a quote for the annual dirt and mulch applying, $100 per a cubic yard and we need 6. He didn't give her how much for the re-built part of the lawn and I believe that he is lack of such workers additionally. I said that I would do it myself. I knew how to get the material, the dirt and the new grass sod, etc. The landscape supply will deliver them to my front street and I must get it done quickly before the mailman comes.

I am so released that Amy veto such idea because we can't stay long enough to water the new project. We can wait until this fall and that is what she says. I can go ahead to apply the annual fertilizer one of these day with the spring rain. She won't bother me for the time being.

Our painter did the exterior painting and repair last year. We couldn't do the interior due to the foundation crack, the soil movement or shift. Now, some of our doors can't be closed properly. This is very common in Houston area and is a big deal. It costs a chunk of money to repair it. I don't really need to worry bout it because of my age. Amy says that I am selfish and doesn't care about her and our son Arthur who will live her after me. I know that I must pay for it and perhaps that I may get away with it. I may just reshape the edges to fit the door box. 

No comments: