Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Running into Fire & Ice Duo/Carlos Pueblo

 Running into Fire & Ice Duo/Carlos Pueblo

The Most happiest thing on this back to back cruises is running into the Fire & Ice Duo, Rosie Hunte & Mac Nurse Keyboard & Vocals. I have been following them ever since my first cruise on this route with Jewel in 2011. Then, the next three cruises with the same ship in Alaska, twice from New Orleans and Houston. The last time was on Jade across Atlantic Ocean from Houston in 2016. I was told they went to Australia and New Zealand afterward. I also heard that Rosie was sick one time. Amazingly, both of them do remember me as their loyal fan. That night, she sang Gladys Knight's hit, Midnight Train to Georgia on my request.

Midnight Train to Georgia is a Gladys' hit in the 70's introduced to me on that my first night on the cruise. Rosie sang it several times along with Tina Turner's hits songs and Michael Jackson's. She was very popular on that week. I did google the song after coming back home. I knew the words or the poem and understood the story. I repeated listening to that piece on the You Tube videos and paid attention to the news about the song. In 2016 while I was on a Transatlantic Cruise from Houston across the Atlantic on Jade, a performing pianist Smith answered my request to play this piece and he mentioned that was originally a midnight train to my hometown Houston instead of Georgia. I did learn that story. Later before 2016, President Obama invited Gladys to the White House for a musical performance and awarded her a medal of honor.

Mac was in a 24 hours restaurant for a buffalo wing snack and ran into us. He gave me their name card to keep that was 2016. I didn't run into them for the almost 25 times cruises with this firm. I knew that they were at New Zealand route for all those times.

At the beginning, I couldn't get their day off in order to make a reservation for a steak dinner. They are employees of the ship and I am aware of the chain of commend. I wrote a request for the approval of my invitat


ion like my previous experience to invite daughters to the dinner. I got the approval quickly and everything was set smoothly thereafter. Rosie is still very popular and attractive among passengers of all ages. Actually she is a very quiet girl and she says her strength is from the God.

No comments: