Monday, March 20, 2023

Replace my car battery/Carlos Pueblo

 Replace my car battery/Carlos Pueblo

Since my left knee injury, I quit tennis and drive little of my car. After my Austin trip, my car battery was dead which was five years old. There was no way that I could jump it up and drove to the Walmart to replace the battery. My neighbor Mike refreshed my know how knowledge to take down the dead battery and put it into Arthur's trunk. We are going out of town for three weeks and Arthur needs to have my car to back him up his 16 years old car in case of emergency. Amy's 2018 car is too new for him to drive to work at the supermarket.

There were rusty mold grown around battery connecting codes. Mike told me that I should clean them before I put a new battery on. The store clerk showed me selections of new battery on the shelf. I selected the cheapest one because that I didn't know how long my car would last. He also showed me a metal brush to clean codes and brush off mold. I was very please that I could replace my car battery and also clean the street full of new trash from the big Sweet Gum in the front.

I managed to get Amy to help me to open the hood in the front. It takes two person's coordination to get it open. I also managed to lift the battery to sit properly on the seat thereafter. As Mike reminded me to use a proper 3/8 inch ranch to tight them up. Amy saw me to brush off molds and brought me a bottle cleaner which she brought last time from our garage. I skipped such purchase due to the cheaper metal brush which the store clerk recommended. I got it done and moved the vehicle to clean the street surface. Every year I must help Amy to clean fallen leaves and pollens regularly. Our neighborhood is very neat with homeowners pride.

No comments: