Sunday, March 5, 2023

Back to New England & Canada cruises 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Back to New England & Canada cruises 2022/Carlos Pueblo

After my annual summer cruises to Alaska, I did make several cruises before the end of 2022 and the early months of 2023, i.e., back to New England & Canada cruises, the southern Caribbean Sea in December, 2022 and the Eastern Caribbean Sea & the Panama Canal round trips . I have been lazy and busy after coming home; therefore, I have been behind of my reports to all my readers and I am making it up.

It was the end of the season for the ship Breakaway route to the Northeast American coast in 2022. We embark at the Manhattan Pier in New York City. The huge ship was sailing out of the port on Hudson River south bound to pass the Staten Island. I was comfortably seated by the window at a restaurant after a hard day of transportation and waiting to get on board the ship. I was one of a few passengers to get an early dinner. It is a wonderful feeling to sit down and overlook through a window to pass a big city without any traffic concern. It was late in the afternoon and able to see the Statue of Liberty and waiting for the evening. I check the city map to follow the sailing route. The ship came down to the Staten Island and turned east following the narrow straight of the Manhattan and the Island where I have been familiarized with my previous staying at my host family when I visited NYC. We passed by the Statue and the sun wend down lighten up the city. Breakaway went through the East River north to enter the Atlantic Ocean at night. It is the first time of my many trips with the same itinerary yet with a lucky feeling from an old western movie on My name is nobody at the end of a Mississippi River cruise.

We're going to visit Newport, Rhode Island; Portland, Maine; Bar Harbor, Maine on the New England side while Halifax and St. John on the Canadian Provinces and repeated again in order to make sense for my long flight from Houston to New York City. I shall explain how I run into my old neighbor at my hometown in Taiwan as well as an encounter of the mighty Aircraft Carrier Gerald R Ford and her NATO Drills at the Halifax Bay.

No comments: