Saturday, March 5, 2022

The old house repair/Carlos Pueblo

 The old house repair/Carlos Pueblo

Many flies show up in my library uninvited and I have no idea the reason why is so suddenly. Amy is very clean who vacuums and shampoo every room all the time. She tells me none are down stair and after a day shows me a broken hole on the west side of the wall between the first and second story. It must be a dead animal inside the attic. I use an aluminum leader to get up to the roof and put a piece of wood board over the hole. The wood siding is actually not a wood but a compressed paper product. Forty years ago, the builder tried to save money and used the cheap material. I know that I must replace the deteriorated siding or at least replace the rotten parts for the time being.

I have seen many of our neighbors doing remodel works on their property such as replacing roofs, replacing sidings, paintings, and the foundation repair, etc. When you decide to sell the house, you must do the house repair and make it more appealing or no body will show their interest. I have had some experience of doing the house repair because I used to have rental houses. Back that time, there were some handy persons within our community to do the remodel service. They could come in as a general contractor and finished the need. After they were retired, I also got rid of my rental property in 2001 and I thought that I no longer needed to worry about the house repair.

I am wrong. Not only that I have to face the appliances but also the structure of the house. It comes to me all the time and I don't like it. Once I decide to live in a single dwelling house other than the apartment or a retirement senior living, I must do the house repair by hiring some one again to meet the need. If I stay in an apartment, I may complain about the landlord for not response quickly to the needed repair. My problem is that I live too far away from my able daughter Michelle. She is very good at the house repair while the son stays home with us Arthur, he is not interested. I feel sorry for myself that I must climb up to the roof at my old age.

No comments: