Friday, March 18, 2022

Recycle Sakyamuni plastic statue/Carlos Pueblo

 Recycle Sakyamuni plastic statue/Carlos Pueblo

Current Buddha Sakyamuni is a great teacher of the mankind. He was born in 583, B.C. and lived up to age 83. I adore him and read many of his teaching. One day my new neighbor through away a plastic Buddha statue and I picked it up and placed on my back yard by a newly built fence on the south. The gray color statue was shown fading in color and I decided that one day I would paint it. Yesterday, I asked my house painter to use some left over paint to spray on top of the gray color. He did a good job. It is an earth color closed but not like the golden color. I am very happy and go to the back yard quite often to enjoy the recycle Sakyamuni statue.

This plastic statue is the American design similar to my old neighbor Estella's in her front garden. It looks like the famous Japanese Kamakura one, the way he sits on a lotus platform. I am going to plaint a flower pot in the front. Now the statue and the platform is sitting inside an empty stump of a sugar gum tree. It used to be a shelter of small animals around our yards.

Sakyamuni statue shows us the serenity and the nirvana and I call it the meaningful way of life. The statue can be a recycle plastic one and repaint it. Some rich Buddhists like to built gold plate statue such as those in Bangkok, Thailand. I have seen photos of small golden solid buddha, a symbol of the wealth. I have my recycle plastic statue to enrich my life.

This year I have moved two wood Kuangin statues to the dining room from my garage. Kuangin is a bodhisattva of an ancient buddha. There is a slightly different between the bodhisattva and the buddha. The bodhisattva is a kind person with a big heart while this person gets this insight or nirvana. The bodhisattva becomes the buddha; therefore, every one obtains the buddha's character and every one can be a buddha that is what the Buddha says.

No comments: