Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Watching an old movie Kings Row 1942/Carlos Pueblo

 Watching an old movie Kings Row 1942/Carlos Pueblo

It is appeared on the You Tube recently and I am lucky to review this favorite movie once again. I must credit this movie as my motive to come to this great nation. I have been very moved ever since I watched it when I was at senior high school in Taiwan. I asked my eldest sister Mary for her comment and she told me the Chinese translated movie name in Taiwan and I also asked my teacher Tom Davidson and he told me English name, Kings Row. I have watched several times after I came to this Nation. It is about the life of a small northeastern town. One of the actors, Ronald Reagan, later became the President of the U.S. It is a very touching story and the movie is an excellent piece of art work including some stories of romantic affairs between two boys and four girls on a different stages of their life, about mental health, about different classes of the small society, about sadist, etc.  In my opinion, the movie has presented the best of art in a little bit of more than two hours.

I was raised up in an environment very much different from the style of the movie back to the late 19 century and the beginning of 20 century. Due to that bank default of the movie before the great depression, I grasped an opportunity to enter the security investment field and learned how to invest. I appreciate very much of a good traditional American family that parents love children and in case of family needs, not only children are taking care of their aging parents but also grandparents are taking care of orphan grandchildren like in the movie. I believe that is called the family value. I ask my line group of my old college classmates to discuss this move and unfortunately nobody response and I feel so sorry.

The movie is so graceful and I decide to write my opinion on this blog to express my appreciation of the American civilization. I am on my reading of the American Literature and I hope that I can read the comment from the authors if this movie is on the book.

No comments: