Thursday, November 25, 2021

Drinking the coffee/Carlos Pueblo

 Drinking the coffee/Carlos Pueblo

Three days ago, I was helping Amy to get her car fixed a flat tire. I was very happy to do it because that I could do several errands simultaneously, checking two old cars tires pressure and purchasing five large cans of coffee on sale. Drinking the coffee is my renewal habit after many years absence. The pan cake breakfast is my new routine and I need the coffee supply. A large can of coffee of 1.44 kg is on sale for about $7 after tax is an excellent deal for the inflation in my mind.

I also checked on the coffee brewing machine which is also on sale. I asked a lady in front of me about how easy to operate it. She reply that is very easy; however, the machine is for the cup coffee users. My can coffee can only use the traditional method input spoons of coffee into a thin filter, usually three spoons, and repeated brew it for three times. I have frugal in my mind all my life. After that process, I dump the waste to a flower bed to neutralize the soil PH value. Brewing coffee makes me remember how sorry I have been for not doing well to change my academic major from chemistry to chemical engineering in order to get a better job opportunity in Houston, Texas. One of the reasons why I was stopped was that I fail to understand the Throttling Process, a thermodynamics in the unit process operation in chemical engineering requirement. I Google the process and still have a hard time to understand it. The professor in that class did mention that the process was related to the coffee brewing.

My old class mate in Taiwan is very proud of drinking coffee. There are various kinds of coffee to drink, mostly to describe how expansive of the cost., i.e. a cup of coffee in Frankfurt, Germany will cost more than 7 Euros and to get out of a Starbuck would cost about $10 at least. I don't know the difference except how much sugar and cream to mix with coffee and I also can small the different of the fragrance. I have a diabetes and I only drink black coffee and there is no significant difference of the bitterness of the coffee.

I went to Jamaica Island to search the famous coffee bean of that island. I was told by my old customer who was a real coffee drinker. She mentioned that Japanese Corporation purchased all the islands coffee bean to market in Japan. She asked friends to bring it to the U.S. She used an Aladdin lamp type of the coffee pot to brew the Jamaica coffee. She even served to her customers at her dry cleaner. I was very impressed.

I met a well learned coffee drinker in Frankfurt. She educated me about the cappuccino, a kind of coffee with a lot of milk. She told me that some coffee from Africa with fruit taste, a citric taste that I tried it at a Caribbean island.

No comments: