Thursday, September 23, 2021

Read a book/Carlos Pueblo

 Read a book/Carlos Pueblo

Recently, Amy asks me to read a book, Adventures in American Literature, which is a loan from her sister that she has a hard time to follow. I give her one of my library collection, the American history after the Civil War. I am interested in American history and literature and I am very impressed upon the reading of a few first pages of the book about Puritans, Age of Reason, and the Great Awakening, etc. I have read about the Mayflower and Puritans and I always like to know who can claim themselves as Puritans nowadays. I want to know more affirmed reasons why the West are so advanced in almost every field of life. Only the first few pages have been caught my eyes. I am lucky that I add another task in my regular life that I shall read a book after my morning exercises, cooking, You Tubing, and many naps during the day.

I am aware of reasons of the Wester Advanced and why so many people like to live in the West. It is because of the Great Industrial Revolution. The author of this book has pointed out something which I can relate it to the fact to distinguish the West from the rest of the world that is the Age of Reason. Those philosophers have challenged the old church establishment and demand a logical explanation on everything that make sense. They have defined that God is the Nature and the Nature is almighty; therefore, the modern days of the science, the political system, arts, and the literatures are developed. I don't see that in the rest of the world except Japan. These are the reason why people like exile heads of a nation as well as regular immigrants are waiting to live in the Western World.

There are arguments among the whole world on everything, i.e. from the religious belief, vaccinated or not, conservative or progressive, Communism or Democracy, etc. The answer can be provided by a good book. People do what they believe and they believe what they are brought up. 

When I see what is happening in the current day of the U.S.A., I like to reason it what I learn from books which I have read and understand its background. Like Puritans who were oppressed in the old world while the American Southerners were more affiliated to the oppressed, the Church of England. I suddenly understand why there are supporters of Trump in the whole world.

No comments: