Monday, September 6, 2021

Making Porto Rico a State/Carlos Pueblo

 Making Porto Rico a State/Carlos Pueblo

53% of Porto Rican have a strong desire to make Porto Rico a State of the U.S., my new tennis friend Rudy indicates to every one of our tennis group. He says that Porto Rico will generate two Senators and four Congressmen to the United States. I tell him that Taiwan can generate even more than he ever think about, a nation of 17th world economy,  24 million population, and the U.S. has a right to claim as her territory after defeating Japan during WWII in 1945. Porto Rico was ceded to the U.S. in 1889 while Taiwan was ceded to Japan in 1895 by the Manchu Dynasty, a little history for the history lovers of the world.

He tells me the difficulty ahead of his home island to become an U.S. States are various. First, both U.S. parties are against it because that the Republican are against it due to the senate and congress seats maybe all Democrat while the Democrat are for the status quote along side with the local rich establishment. I ask him why not go independent and the U.S. Federal Government may be welling to grand such request as a matter of fact there has been a vote before. He tells me that islanders are not willingly to see Porto Rico becomes nations of the Latin America, the Central or the South like Cuba, Venezuela, Peru, Brazil, Argentina, etc. They prefer to be with the U.S. formally. We do, many Taiwanese and myself do, with the same desire to be with the U.S. as well. As a matter of fact that there are many people in the whole world anticipate to be with the United States and are waiting patiently or in-patiently outside or inside the United States.

I know what is going on and what is the true matter is. The rulers of those anticipants above described by me are losers. They fail their nation or territory which they govern. They don't do their best to let up their citizens' hope to become like the U.S. They are corruptive and incompetent of their job duty, and at the worse they are not shameful. Porto Rican are very fortunate that they can study hard at home to be good at English and Spanish language, buying a one way ticket to come to the U.S. to find a job and establish their own life and eventually become U.S. citizen. They don't need to wait for the immigration quota. Work for yourself first to get to the U.S. and worry about the other fellow citizen of 3.1 million later. Don't donate your money to those who raise fund for making Porto Rico a State cause. 

I have escaped Taiwan long time before and enjoy my new life in the U.S. I thank that Taiwan gives me a good opportunity to prepare myself to live in a foreign country. I have never been a burden of this new home country. I have pay more tax that anything I have received from the government. It is a meaningful way of life.

No comments: