Friday, February 14, 2020

My e-mail was hacked during my trip to the Southeast Asia/Carlos Pueblo

My e-mail was hacked during my trip to the Southeast Asia/Carlos Pueblo

On the second day of my visit to Hong Kong, I received several warning from my friends to warn me of my e-mail been hacked by a hacker who attempted to solicit money under a similar e-mail address which was not mine. Suddenly, I lost my connection of Yahoo and my Southwestern Bell e-mail address. I could only scramble to use a Gmail address to correspond with my daughter in Austin for my daily reporting of the traveling progress. I am sorry for all the inconvenient caused to you.

I have thought of what I have done wrong to cause this trouble. First, I did finally respond to an ATT e-mail to link to its web site to be continued of my record of e-mail usage. It might be a fake one and I am not sure. When I returned home, I did have a help chat with ATT to change my password and got my e-mail opened. I still need to chat with the Yahoo authority to find out who that that e-mail address impersonating me with yahoo.com address.

I did announce my apology on my blog site to my friends who were disturbed. One of them told me that he did chat with this person about the soliciting because he did have plenty of time and he was not afraid. On their e-mail exchange, he found out that this person only asked for $400 gift card help and asked him to give the gift card number.

A similar case has been occurred in 2017 in Buenos Aires, Argentina while I forgot to delete my check of e-mail use on a public desk computer at a hostel. I changed my e-mail password and was the end of such hassle.

No comments: