Friday, February 21, 2020

Flying from Bangkok DMK to Hong Kong 2020/Carlos Pueblo

Flying from Bangkok DMK to Hong Kong 2020/Carlos Pueblo

DMK is Don Mueang International Airport for short, the old airpot of Bangkok used for the discount airliners for the area in difference from BKK for most of the regular international transportation. It is the reason why we have to spent a briefly night at an inn nearby the airport. There was a nice breakfast offered free at 4:00 am and a small fee shuttle to take needed passengers to the airport thereafter. It was too late for us to avoid or pre-pay the luggage fee on the internet. The budget flight doesn't cover any of the luggage for any flight domestic or international. It was very simple and quickly flight and arriving Hong Kong.

A young lady with a mask covering her mouth in the information center kindly helped me for all my questions involving this tree nights stay. First, showed me how to get to our hotel by the public transportation, second, how to get my favorite Teochew marinated duck by focusing on two restaurant at the Central Station area, third, extra help to set up my i-phone to have a phone by using Line and Facebook yet I didn't use both in my simple i-phone life. She is the first nice impression of this great city. I can communicate with the local in the Mandarin Chinese; therefore, we have had a very smooth transaction of light rail and bus to reach our hotel. All area passing by were very familiar in my memory from reading books and watching movies and finally I made it to this great city.

Another nice young clerk in the hotel counter kindly review my interest again and double check my request which made me very appreciated. She had pointed out one of the two places, the Central and the Causeway, for eating my duck. Both bus and light rail station are nearby the hotel. Another nice girl also with a mask helped me to purchase the train ticket, by selection a pass for me and a solo ticket for Amy due to the senior discount matter. We reached the Central quickly and were wondering around the busy street to locate my restaurant. It was still on the holidays of the Chinese Lunar New Year and I was told most of restaurants were still closed for business. Finally a nice young gentleman stopped with his family to help for matter of my eatery. He flipped his i-phone and found both of my written recommendation of duck restaurants which were about another 30 minutes walk on the Victoria Avenue. He suggested to go to a next street parallel to Victoria to try our luck. We did find a roasted goose restaurant on a second floor of a crowded street. I was told marinated goose was also delicious and famous in Teochew cuisine menu. We had a very delicious dinner and the lady manager even made an effort to introduce the business because that she was not that busy during the protest of youngsters.

Eugenia, an acquaintance from my previous tour of Frankfurt, Germany, responded to my e-mail of my visit. I called her and she promised to meet us in the hotel on the next morning for some visit of Hong Kong.

No comments: