Friday, February 14, 2020

Touring through 3 cities and a cruise in the Southeast Asia 2020/Carlos Pueblo

Touring through 3 cities and a cruise in the Southeast Asia 2020/Carlos Pueblo

Singapore Air offered a promotional fare for a round trip from Houston to Bangkok last year and I made it to be a tour of three Asian cities and a seven days cruise along the Vietnamese coastal line in the winter of 2020. It has been quite an experience during the outbreak of Wuhan coronavirus scaring among China, Honk Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, and Thailand where I have been in this 3 weeks tour.

First, this is a long haul of flight from Houston to Manchester, England, then to Singapore, Bangkok for a brief layover night to Hong Kong in order to hop on a cruise ship for a seven days cruise to Singapore for two nights, then flew to Bangkok again for three nights, and finally flew back to Houston. I shall describe in details how my impression is for this voyage in details.

I was very comfortable to locate all hotels and scenery significant to me on public transportation, light rails and buses, with minimum costs. I don't see any problems as I find my way and get around. I can command easily in several languages locally use like coming home. I like the weather, foods, and the hospitality of the locals.

I visited the Stanley Pier, the Central Station, Hong Kong University campus, etc. in Hong Kong and ate roasted goose and Chiao Chou rice noodle twice. I visited the Chinatown, the Orchard, and the Marina Bay garden in Singapore. I have had two days guided tours in Bangkok, a tour of four Buddhist Temples and a tour of floating market on canals, and a visit of the famous Chulalongkorn University campus.

No comments: