Thursday, April 20, 2017

Listening to the rock song what’s up? /Carlos Pueblo

Listening to the rock song what’s up? /Carlos Pueblo       

One day at sea, I entered the Garden Café through an elevator on the
backward of the ship. A Filipino crew was playing a guitar at the entrance
with a washee-washee worker to entertain guests. He was playing a light
a light rock very pleasant and there was a lady passenger singing along with
him with some crowds. After I sat down, it was a turn of a pretty young lady
with a more professional performance. She sang and dance with some body
movement to accomplish with the lyric. Once she finished the entire song with
thunderous response from the nearby section of the café, she left. I asked the
happy guitarist who she was, a passenger? He said no. She was one of the
singer of many bands on the ship. I also asked him what was the song, the
answer was what’s up or what ‘s going on. I didn’t have the internet access
during the trip and I forgot all about it until yesterday in Austin, My Youtube on
the smart phone did provide several versions of the song.

This is a hit composed by Linda Perry in 1992 with her 4 non-blonde band. It has
been very popular among U.S., Europe, and some Asian nations. I read the
introduction of the band and the song. Her lyric is very simple and straight forward
and she was talking about her frustration of the world, the brotherhood of man
while she could not understand it; therefore, she thought of it in her room and went
out to a hill to cry loud of her lungs and said hey hey hey hey and the famous of I said
hey what’s going on. I believe that she does mention the destination and resolution.
The band was disbanded after she left the group in 1994; however, the song has passed
on to several generation. Later, at least two famous lady singers, Lady Ga Ga and Pink
both perform very well to the audience. Pink invites live audience to joint her to sing the
song, I see one video that Linda invites an audience in the from randomly and the girl
comes out finishing the entire song with some side kick effort from Linda and her guitarist.
The son has become a very popular hit all over the world.

The world is actually changed after one quarter of a century. Girls get better educational
achievement in the real world. There are more professional such as physicians, engineers,
business executives etc. in the society now drawing a much better income than their
previous ancestors, and I see some in balance of the brotherhood of man struggling in the
society due to lack of effort when they are young at school and are not preparing enough
to enter the real society and I cannot resist to recite hey hey hey and I say hey what’s
going on.


No comments: