Sunday, April 9, 2017

Ali/Carlos Pueblo

Ali/Carlos Pueblo

I met Ali on a 15 days cruise ship around the Horn of South America.
She is a 13 months old baby girl from the French Reunion Island just
off Mauritius on the Indian Ocean. She can recognize me easily after
our first met on Deck 11 Garden Café. She is very unique and happy,
her father is a white Caucasian and mother is an Asian Indian. She
would walk to my chair to say hi if I am not aware of her present.
Another French Islander with a handsome baby boy showed me his
i-phone a map of Reunion Island and the Island, New Caledonia, where
they were from on the South Pacific Island near Australia. This has solved
my puzzle on the ship where I could not locate a globe. I think that Ali
is Alexandria for short.

I was early at Ezeiza International Airport at Buenos Aires, Argentina for my
evening flight back to Houston, Texas. I saw a handsome young man waving
at me while I was sleeping not that comfortably on a seat, it was Ali’s Dad
and she was sleeping on her cart pushing from another side. They were on
another flight to Sao Paulo, Brazil and then to Paris, France. I walked with them
toward the security check point with she held my right index finger tightly. She
is such a darling when she turns 10 years old, I shall be 80, I don’t dare to think
further when she is attending college and my age.

One day at the Café, I saw her eating French fry, a kind of deep fry potato chips.
She handled it so well with her 4 front teeth. I remembered it and prepared a
small plate of fry chips for her on the next time. I tried some left over and felt
the delicious tasting which I never imagined when I was at MacDonald’s. She
attracted many lonely seniors like me on the ship.

  

No comments: