Sunday, April 9, 2017

Visiting Prague Castle/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Prague Castle/Carlos Pueblo

During my week long stay in Prague, Czech Republic, I have visited the
Prague Castle three times, gone through security check, castle square,
Palace, and the Cathedral, front and back, etc. Charles IV, the great
King of Bohemia, started the construction almost a thousand years ago
to connect the old Town Square and the Palace above the mighty Valtava
and since then, there has been so much history occurred in the area and
the nation of the Czech Republic.

It is still a functional castle for the Republic either as a Museum or a national
administrative building. I was sitting on a concrete bench facing the Cathedral
and listening to a young lady tourist guide to introduce the Castle to her group
of South Korean visitors. Tourists are so excited to be in a visit of this old Kingdom.
I found a dome shape building named after Maria Theresa, the Empress of Austro-
Hungary and the Holly Roman Empire. If you have followed my journal, you should
remember that I ran into a luxury river cruise named after her on the bank of River
Main in Frankfurt, Germany and I also mentioned one of her daughter, Marie
Antoinette who married a French King, Louis XIV., and  her favorite Petit de la Reine.
Austro-Hungary should include Bohemia during her reign.

The Palace is on a hill overlooking the River and the city a Monastery and brewery
Nearby and I saw uniformed nuns passing through the campus. Outside of the Palace
are busy business districts full of restaurants and stores. I saw an U.S. flag indicated
the Embassy. I decided to cast my 2016 Presidential ballot there. A week ago, the
election authority at Harris County, Texas sent me an absentee ballot via e-mail for
me to vote and I was wondering how to cast my vote while I was in Europe and this
Prague Embassy was much convenient than the one in Berlin, Germany and I was
ready to print the ballot at the hostel.

The Palace is very pretty and practical to use all the time. Most of the European
city castles are similar, well construction and ready to use for a long time either
as a kingdom or the future republic. Among many of the German castles, the
city kingdom of the Holly Roman Empire Electors, they called the castles as

residence of the rulers very humbly in compare with some European Empires.

No comments: