Friday, April 14, 2017

At sea/Carlos Pueblo

At sea/Carlos Pueblo

In between ports, the ship is moving at sea. In order to avoid the roughness
, the captain sails through the inland sea among islands. At the beginning, I
was confused for that many islands offshore Alaska coastline so was South
Americans. The day at sea is very relax, I always attempt to see the sun rises
if I am lucky on the top decks of the ship or now at my balcony; however, there
are reasons which the sun doesn’t let me see it, for instance, the cloud and the
mountain block the sunrises. I began my day with a nice breakfast at the Café
and also met some fellow passengers, usually we had had good conversation
and started the rapport until the end of the cruise.

The activity director arranges three seminars for Professor Jim to introduce
South America, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, three out of the 14 nations. I was
very happy to attend the talk. He is a professor of English Literature from Michigan
with a very good sense of hummer. He introduces the history of the beginning of
South America, 1492, the Pope’s division of South America, the piracy of Spanish
Main and Caribbean, etc. His talk makes my understand suddenly about a television
series in the 80’s Shogun why a Portuguese priest called a English sailor private. I’ll
have a piece to high lighten his talk.

I also attended three art auction which were provided by an art gallery with a contract
with the cruise line. I am not a fine arts collector; however, my limited art knowledge
is mainly from these auctioneers. I barely make it to the cruise trip each time and I have
no space at home to hang these treasury is a matter of fact. I like the impressionist toward
realist especially scenery painting and I also enjoy many other kinds. There is still a big gap
between the ownership and enjoyment.

I have attended three seminars about traditional Chinese herb medicine including acupuncture.
The lady speaker was trained in London and practiced on the ship. I know the insomnia and she
points out the frozen shoulder as we call it 50 years old shoulder in Mandarin Chinese. It is very
interesting activity on the day at sea.

Most of the long time at sea, I would go down to the Atrium bar to visit Angie, a friend from a
previous trip to Europe in 2016. She was very busy to serve all kinds of fancy coffee which I had
had some introduction from an expert on my trip to Frankfurt, Germany also in 2016. She says that the equipment on the ship is better than any of the coffee shops in the cities.


  

No comments: