Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Cataract’s removal/ Carlos Pueblo

The Cataract’s removal/ Carlos Pueblo
I have an appointment to remove my left eye’s cataract Monday of next
week. Even with near sight eye glass, my left eye’s vision is not as well as
my right eye because the right eye’s cataract has been removed 15 years
before. Right eye has a 2.0 vision while left eye glass is 700 degree near
sight. After the procedure, both eyes shall have 2.0 visions and I only shall
be required far sigh glasses while reading. A plane pairs of shades will do
during tennis or driving. I have plenty of supply at home from my daughter’s
left over at a welcome new employees party one year.

The reason why I had the right eye cataract removed because at that time
the near sight difference was more than 600 degrees between both eyes
which was exceeding the limit for preparing the near sight glasses. Therefore,
the eye doctor removed it and made it less than 600 degree difference. Now
the left eye’s cataract mature and again the difference is greater than 600
degrees between eyes. One surgeon asked for a laser procedure and the
second opinion was the traditional suction method. I accept the later due to
the cost on my part, laser method will cost $1,900 one eye while the traditional
method will be reimbursed most by the insurer. The eye surgeon is an Indian
ophthalmologist whom I get to know at a healthcare fair.

The procedure was set a month later due to his schedule including the pre-approval
from the insurer, left eye measurement, and consultation. The last two days when
procedure date approaching, I received two calls from the surgical center to prepare
the work and some physical checkup list, of course, a pre-surgery examination of
heart issue EKG was done before. The preparation even requires avoid blood thinner
such as baby aspirin. I feel that provider involved all very careful and will not let
the malpractice matter occur.

After the procedure, if successful, I shall have a perfect eye vision on both eyes. I no
Longer need to wear glasses instead two small lens inside my eyes. I shall be free on
near sight spectacles ever since teen age time.   






No comments: