Monday, August 3, 2015

My thoughts of Europe after the trip/ Carlos Pueblo

My thoughts of Europe after the trip/ Carlos Pueblo
Europe is very interesting for me even though I have only reached a part
of it in a short time. I decide to make another two visits this fall and next
spring, in between, I shall make another trip to Japan. I am impressed for
the European architecture, civilization, culture, and European. I found
both Catholic influence and the trace of Muslim past, for instance in
Cordoba, Spain, a Cathedral was built on top of a Masque. When I check on
Wikipedia, I also find the silky road, the ancient relationship of Asia and Europe.

Based on what my experience of living in the U.S., I find that Spanish look
like some people of the middle east, for example , Syrian. As a matter of fact,
Spain and some parts of Europe had been ruled by a group of people from
Damascus, the second caliphate of Muslim Dynasty for 800 years. I can see the
similarity of their figure and outlook if I don’t ask their religion or speak to them.
This was the Moors Dynasty. Moors left some castles and palaces in Spain. The
other group was the Ottoman Dynasty, the Turks, who had invaded eastern Europe
for about 600 years. In addition to the castles and palaces, Islam religion still exists
in some nations because of no severe inconquesta. I like to visit eastern Europe in
the spring of 2016. Before that, I like to visit Germany and France this fall. Lately I
am informed that the Huns have something to do with current Germany. I always
suspected  that European Huns were originally from the East, north of the Great Wall
called Hsiung Nu, always a headache to Chinese Dynasty.

Western European parents like to bring their children to visit ancient castles, palaces,
museums, and historical architecture for the history established in  their early mind.
I adore this kind of education which would benefit the world peace. I feel that Europe is
more diversified than in the U.S. European are more liberal than most of the American.
It must have a reason and I like to find it out.

I like to compare Spanish experience with Taiwanese both out of military dictatorship,
Spain in 1975 and Taiwan in 1989. In my opinion, Taiwan is still in struggle and this is the
Reason why I am so moved when Spanish guides mentioned their civil war and Franco’s
Regime.

My neighbor walked with me in the morning and mentioned that Attila of the Huns left
many churches in Germany. This part that I am not quite sure because Attila’s dynasty
only lasted one hundred year when Christianity just started. He did mentioned German
rebuilt all the churches destroyed during the war.


No comments: