Friday, August 21, 2015

Obamacare 2015/ Carlos Pueblo

Obamacare 2015/ Carlos Pueblo
A friend refers a prospect to me for health insurance because they both
are unemployed. I say that is Obamacare, a kind of National Healthcare.
It is not because that I am lazy and ignorance for the subject, it is due to
the complicity of the subject that I have already given up any attempt to
serve my prospect if there is any. First of all, there is a market in Houston
area that the insurance carrier is providing the product. A prospect can
either goes to an insurance of that company to check on the premium or
goes to the government website to find out the rate. In this procedure, you
have to answer the income information in order to find your rate. You will
get less discount if you have higher income or vice versa. I never attempt to
find it out after I attend two meeting from a carrier; however, Hillary Clinton
and Paul Krugman both indicate that Obamacare enrolls additional 16 millions
nationwide, so I say a big step towards elimination of uninsured U.S. population.

This prospect has the same difficulty which I have encountered between 2001
and 2012, unemployed and without insurance. I explained how I tried to get an
insurance through different jobs without success. It was very stressful, especially
that I had a pre-existing condition, diabetes. Her son is 25, at least we can get him
under his own policy with Obamacare with a reasonable rate because he has no
income and no asset if that is also under consideration. Then, she must keep her
husband’s Cobra, an 18 months extended policy, and aggressively solicit a new job
with a health insurance attached, both of them.

Secondly, if the job just does not come by. I agree to her original intention that to
dedicate to her religion to serve her God full time. Let God help her in this matter,
as a matter of fact, there is one denomination in the Protestant, the Christen Scientist,
who does not believe modern medical technology but praying to God for answer.
In order to get the Medicare, her husband must complete additional one year earned
income job before 65. I had already completed the requirement when I was unemployed
in 2001. Then I built up my own strong mind to be a self- insured with my IRA and saved
that $1,200 a month premium for 11 years.

It is true that at the end of that period, I did save up to $150,00 by paying back the numerous
0% percent interest credit card debt. I shall find time to write about it in the future. I was
under a very restrict diet, vegan not animal product, 2 miles daily walk with my dog, and
two or three nights tennis a week and finally, I reach to Medicare. At the end of my tenure

without health insurance, Obamacare, Affordable Health Act, is established.

No comments: