Saturday, April 20, 2024

A graduate of Chemistry from the National Taiwan Normal University/Carlos Pueblo

 A graduate of Chemistry from the National Taiwan Normal University/Carlos Pueblo

Recently, we all pay attention to the immigration issue of our southern border that seems to be out of control. People all over the world love to immigrate to the paradise-like nation like the United States of America, indeed. I have always appreciated my opportunity to come to this nation in 1975 as a graduate student and married a green card holder's wife to become a citizen of this nation. \It is all because I graduated in Chemistry from the National Taiwan Normal University.

The best high school students in the U.S. have a strong desire to enter colleges to prepare to go to medical schools, engineering schools, pharmacy schools, and veterinary schools, etc. therefore, they must take some chemistry courses and there are needs of teaching assistants in the chemistry laboratories, such as the general chemistry, the organic chemistry, and the physical chemistry in the pre-medical and the chemical engineering majors. This was how we came in to fill those needs in the United States. The U.S. has been a dynamic nation for a long time and it needs many such supplies of talent from the rest of the world.
I was from a very humble family background. I passed a national college entrance examination to enter a university to train a secondary school chemistry teacher in Taiwan. The government made it free of tuition and fees in return we, the graduate must teach for 4 years to return such favor. I have passed all necessary academic examinations such as TOEFL and GRE to satisfy the U.S. graduate school admission. I came here to study for a graduate degree and eventually became an immigrant after I got married.

According to my own estimate, I have contributed much more to the United States than my original nation which I came from, Taiwan on the income tax calculation. Of course both the U.S. and Taiwan don't care very much about my immigration, yet, in my mind I have appreciated such an opportunity to immigrate to this nation and wish more and more people can fulfill their dream to immigrate to this wonderful nation.

No comments: