Tuesday, April 16, 2024

A month long short stay in Taipei/Carlos Pueblo





 A month-long short stay in Taipei/Carlos Pueblo

It is because of my need for dental work, I have to make a month-long short stay in Taipei. Yet, it is not finished, I shall go back again for another month in May, of course, there is 18 days on the cruise across the Pacific to Tokyo from Vancouver in Canada. I selected an inexpensive hotel in front of the Taipei Main Railroad Station to budget my total cost. I eat at food stands nearby. I share bathrooms and restrooms. I only manage my visits to the dental clinic and gardens among several city parks.

Where there is a will, there is a way. I don't like to spend unnecessary money if I can save it. It is my third time in 11 years to get my fake teeth installed. I believe my cousin, Dr. Chen, 50 years practicing dentist can do the job to satisfy my needs. He tells me that making dentures requires many adjustments. He always receives me after 4:30 pm once in many days due to the making of a new set and regular dental preparatory work. I have most of my days free. I go to 228 City Park to get my soybean milk breakfast, sitting on a bench by a pond with birds as my company. After breakfast, I shall walk to several garden parks nearby including the only famous President Palace, the center of the Republic, every day.

I walk to the old city business center where my first aunt's family used to live and do business even though I can't locate their exact location. It was a gift shop to sell gifts and straw mats produced in the center of the island. Taipei is very busy, full of people and tourists from all over the world.

There are several garden parks nearby the city center, the 228 City Park in memory of the massacre of February 28, 1947, to Taiwanese by Chiang Kai-Sek's army, the Freedom Square include the Chiang Kai-sek's Memorial, two National Musical Hall and Peking Opera Hall. The huge garden with various spring flowers attracts me dearly. Another huge garden park is the Da An Forest Park with an outstanding garden full of the azalea blossom, spider flowers, the dahlia from Akita Japan, and many beautiful sets up ponds and trees. During the weekend, there is a flower market open nearby.
I went to visit my old alma mater, the affiliated senior high school of the National Taiwan Normal University, the National Taiwan Normal University both the old main campus and the new college of science. I also visited all four old city gates dating back to the Manchu Dynasty.

No comments: