Friday, April 12, 2024

My third denture procedure/Carlos Pueblo

  My third denture procedure/Carlos Pueblo

Once I got older, I started losing teeth and teeth. In 2013, I managed to go back to Taipei and located my uncle's old dental clinic at Kuei Yang Street. One of his grandsons extracted one of my teeth and his father, my cousin who took over and built my first fake teeth for me to continue my normal eating. After 8 years, I continued losing more teeth in my mouth, the Medicare added a $4,000 a year dental benefit and I was lured to a local dentist to have my second denture set. The new additional dental coverage can only cover the extraction and the dental cleaning of the fake teeth; therefore, I must go back to Taiwan to have my third denture installed. It was because I chewed on a queva and broke a piece of my tooth on the bottom part of my jaw.

Dr. Chen, my cousin and a 50 years dentist practitioner, made a drawing on a piece of paper to describe what he was going to do with my denture. He first would extract the broken and dead tooth from the queva incident and observe the heel of the extraction wound. He then would drill and clean two decay teeth and fill some metal in them and cover them with two permanent crowns on them before two new dentures. He told me how much it would cost me with a discount of my fallen gold crown tooth which was worth US$667.

I took the subway from my inn in front of Taipei Main Rail Station to his clinic for appointments for about a month. He still needs two more weeks to complete the bottom part of the denture. I instantly purchased an 18 days cruise from Vancouver, Canada to Tokyo port and a flight to Taipei on May 26, 2024. I shall give him another 18 days to complete my 3rd denture. I did bring back the upper part of the new set.

He tells me that the fake teeth will require trial and error and make it fit accordingly. He learned it while attending the dental university in his father's laboratory at Kuei Yang Street while his father learned the skill from Dr. Furui, a Japanese pioneer in this trade in the beginning of 1900. The dental implant is a new technology while the fake teeth has been in business for more than 150 years, a very mature dental technology.

No comments: