Friday, December 2, 2022

Re-visiting Victoria, Canada 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Re-visiting Victoria, Canada 2022/Carlos Pueblo

The ship was returned to Victoria, Canada at the final port of this route. Victoria is the capital city of the British Columbia where I have been visiting several times. I drove to the city from Vancouver, Canada via a ferry to carry my rental vehicles and I also took a ferry from Port Angeles on the north tip of the Olympic National Park, Washington State. I love to visit this lovely city. We arrived late in the afternoon and waited a little bit to have a tour of the famous Butchart Gardens.

Amy liked to join the Filipinas for the visit even though we did have three visits during day time hours before. The gardens was opened for our three buses loads to have such special visit that night. I didn't see my favorite flowers, roses and dahlias, etc. It was still very attractive that night with different kinds of flowers. Our driver and tour guide introduced us the founder and  his family and was quite interesting.

He also introduced the main campus of the University of Victoria. It reminds me of a distinguished professor friend who was retired at the university. I got to know the late Professor Hsiao Hsin-Yi who was from Taiwan, a graduate of Tung-Hai University in Taichung, and a Ph.D. from Harvard. He taught Lao Tze and Chuang Tze, the ancient Chinese Taoism at this University. We met at the board meetings in D.C. for the Taiwanese Association of Public Affairs in 1990's. He mentioned that he would take two or three days to make a trip from Victoria to the U.S. for meetings and I quite understood. 

We had a brief one hour visit at the garden. Amy figures out the cost of such visit for two is about $150 with my latitude discount and a shore excursion discount of $50. I thought that was very expansive till I Google it now it will charge an adult ticket for $214, the inflation.

No comments: