Friday, December 9, 2022

Our march to the Last Chance Gold Mine, Juneau, Alaska 2022/Carlos Pueblo

 Our march to the Last Chance Gold Mine, Juneau, Alaska 2022/Carlos Pueblo

Our march to the Last Chance Gold Mine , Juneau, Alaska  is a routine to the city's visit. We walk to the city center following street signs on the way up to the hill. It is very beautiful especially in the spring, the snow cap on top of mountains and flowers on the grounds so colorful everywhere. We don't have this kind of luxury at home; therefore, we must pay to have Alaska cruise all the time.

I was still unable to find the Russian House owned by Olga. She must be retired. We were invited to the inside of a wooden Russian church, the first one in the territory yet very basic structured. On the next door, a Catholic Church is more up to date and functional. I took many pictures on the way up by the residential neighborhood with many charming spring flowers. It was very straight forward after we entered a speedy mountain highway on a river valley. 

I usually run into locals walking their pets. Most of them allow me to pet their lovely dogs. Some bigger ones have already enjoyed the worm weather and jumping into the creek. They don't mind the melting glacier from top mountains and the quick cascade stream at all.

A group of tourists whom I guessed were from cruise ships on the excursion program. They were doing some gold finding with a pan distributed by their guides. You could see how they checked on each other on their find. We walked on a small suspended bridge across the mountain cascade stream to the Last Chance Gold Mine Museum. I tried to see a lady in charge of the museum whom I met on last trip. We chatted about her visit of Taroco Gorge and went to a local election campaign rally. I like to inform her that girl is now the ambassador of Taiwan to the United States. Unfortunately, the museum was closed on that day.

I guided Amy to march back on the other side of the creek which was constructed in the past  10 years. Some portion of the path are on boards very pretty. At the end we can enter the city center easily. I located the Governor Mansion and took more pictures again. Amy passed on a phone call from my old college friend about the death of our classmate who was 74. Ronald helped me to gather some $1,000 plus deposit money to apply my F-1 visa in 1975. I have appreciated his effort ever since. He had a sudden stroke.

No comments: